Other Useful Links - Yahoo - Society and Culture:Disabilities
Last Update: Monday, 29-May-2006 06:13:18 PDT
This is a service created by ESRIN voluntary group.
We aim to offer a way to distribute useful information related to associations involved in the disability support arena.
WARNING: The information hereafter presented have been collected by various sources scattered around the world: regardless of our will, we cannot guarantee both the absolute correctness and the timely update
We provide the contact points for further details.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Date Communication: 10.08.1995
- Access/Media - works with individuals, private agencies and local governments to provide programmatic access to public services, programs and accomodations for person with disabilities.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Audio Description - Audio Description involves the accessibility of visual images of theater, media, and museum exhibitions.
- Blind (5) [new]
- Center for Assessment and Demographic Studies - CADS mission is to conduct large-scale studies of the deaf and hard-of-hearing population of the United States that yield timely descriptions of relevant characteri
stics of this population that will serve specific action-oriented goals
- Chariot Magazine - Chariot is a magazine for that deals with disability issues.
- Companies@ (7)
- Deaf (9) [new]
- Disabilities [Telerian] - a personal disabilities homepage. It is regularly updated and open to user sugestions.
- Disabilities Access Online - Information service for people with disabilities and those who care for them.
- Disabilities Forum - Western New York Disabilities Forum provides access to a wide variety of disabilty related news, information, and resources.
- Disability Related Information
- Evan Kemp Associates - Disability Resources
- Gallaudet University - Gallaudet University is the only liberal arts university for the Deaf in the world.
- General Info - links to other disability-related information.
- Hyperlexia - information on the syndrome of hyperlexia -- Pervasive Developmental Disorder with autistic-like symptoms, but with a strong visual ability to decode and a precocious ability to read.
- Institutes (1)
- Mental Health@ (30)
- NU-Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Organizations@ (15)
- Ottawa Freenet Disability Resources
- Pandora Project - Information Technology for People with Disabilities
- Parents Helping Parents - a multifaceted, comprehensive Parent Directed Family Resource Center for children with any kind of special need (mental, physical, emotional, or learning disabilities whether due to birth de fects, illness, vehicular, sports or other accidents, such as near drowning).
- Polio (2)
- Project Pursuit - is a three year National Science Foundation supported program at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Its goal: encouraging students with disabilities to pursue academic and professional dreams.
- Rick and Joni's Amputee/Devotee/Travel Area - Information Pertaining to Amputees, Devotees, and Travel.
- Special Education@ (7) [new]
- The Archimedes Project - improve access to information for individuals with disabilities by influencing the early design stages of tomorrow's technology.
- Index - Disability Resources from Apple - sponsored by Apple's Worldwide Disability Solutions Group. It includes information about assistive technology solutions for a variety of different disabilities. Choose beween regular and large print for viewing the pages...
- Usenet - alt.support.dwarfism - Unofficial newsgroup of the Little People of America. Devoted to a wide-ranging discussion of the social and medical aspects of dwarfism.